Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Media Buzzzzzin'

Monday's class was by far my favorite all semester. Not only was it interesting to take our idea of promoting New Media on our bodies to the next level by presenting it to Dean Hook, but I really enjoyed the group discussion about the ideas that stemmed from our marketing proposal.

I think the idea of turning New Media promotion into a course is genius. First of all, our program doesn't currently offer any sort of advertising course. In the position I was offered after graduation, I will be using New Media to advertise (or promote) the brand I am representing. I think many of us will be using our degree to promote something, but at the very least, we definitely need to know how to advertise ourselves. Second, this class would be free advertisement for the program. If each semester, students were asked to come up with a new campaign for the New Media program, the school would have fresh ideas at least twice a year at no cost to them. The course would serve a double cause and really give students a chance to get their feet wet in a real campaign that could actually be used by the school. Since Seeing-Sideways has become an official elective, maybe the school has a N485 position to fill ... :-)

No comments: