Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bravery

I really took to heart what Beth said about bravery in class yesterday. If we have an idea or strong belief and do nothing with it, then it is wasted. We have to be willing to "change our status quo" for our convictions. I applied this to my faith and asked myself, "Are you really willing to alter your entire life for this?" Up until this point, I've given bits and pieces for what I believe but haven't really let if effect everything. This has really come into play with my job search. I have felt a strong calling for a long time to work in some sort of ministry. I want to give my 8-5 to something I believe in with my whole heart. I want to give my day to serving the Lord, loving others and sharing the truth with them. So why have I been actively pursuing careers in New Media? Why can't I use my *creative* gift in a ministry? And why have I even considered for settling for less than I am passionate about?

1 comment:

spyroterra said...

Because it is human nature. We lull ourselves into doing what we think is expected of us and sometimes we can find ourselves sleepwalking through life. It can be hard when someone opens our eyes and we look around. The question is, will you go back to sleep or are you brave enough to stay awake? Of course, without a little sleep the human body will cease to function... Oh my, what a dilemma!

BTW, the word verification at the bottom of this page is angsto. Interesting...