Tuesday, December 9, 2008

last class.

It hasn't sunk in yet that yesterday was my last undergraduate college class. And it really did end on a good note. I saw many things yesterday that I had never seen before -- what a great way to end my college career! The guerilla marketing had to be one of my favorites. For half of a second, I thought a real gorilla had walked in the room. I would have never had the guts to do that, and I applaud you, Evan, for thinking entirely outside the box.

I thought my typography presentation was fairly dull compared to others, but I personally learned something from my research which I guess was partially the goal. I have always been interested in typography but never really had the chance in New Media to explore it on a deep level. I learned a lot about how much of an impact it can have on a brand and how simple text can cause a lot of influence.

Graduating is a little bittersweet for me. It feels like I've been waiting for ever to finally be done with school, but now that it's here, I am having mixed emotions. I was disapointed to hear about some of the cool classes the New Media department may be offering in the future because I know I won't be able to take them -- at least not during this level of education. I think some exposure to the real world will be nice, as will getting married and all that other grown-up stuff. But who knows, I may be back here someday. I love learning and that is one thing I have surely accomplished as a new media student ... in more ways than I expected.

1 comment:

spyroterra said...

I actually liked your presentation! For you, I think it was a bit sideways. It is not a contest. Everyone evolves at his or her own pace and I have to say i saw a lot of growth in your this semester. I think you may know yourself a bit better. Anyway, happy graduation and wedding. Life is good for you now - enjoy it! :-)