Sunday, November 9, 2008

reflecting

It is hard to believe that the semester is finally winding down. The next few months will bring a lot of change to my life and the anticipation is a little scary at times. Full-time student to full-time employee. Single young woman to a wife. Financially depended to financially independent. Looking back, this semester of 24 credit hours and wedding planning wasn't quite as tough as I thought it would be. The Lord has given me a lot of peace these past few months, and I know that it was entirely Him empowering me to succeed.

I have taken a lot more from this Seeing-Sideways class than I expected, as well. I went into the class thinking that if I participated and came up with some *creative* projects, then I would get an A and be one step closer to graduation. In actuality, I haven't participated in the classroom setting nor been as *creative* (whatever that really means) as I had planned, but I have gotten to spend some time with myself that I might not have otherwise. With the fear of failure removed (hopefully), I have been able to get to know myself a little bit more. I have left class early on a few occasions to just be with me. And it's sad to say, that some weeks that was the only time I was ever really alone. And it felt so good. Everyone (my fiance, family, friends, co-workers) thought I was inaccessible due to being in class for 3 hours, so no one even thought to get in touch of me. I was able to convince myself not to do any other work since I normally wouldn't have that chunk of time anyway. It has been refreshing to say the least - and indescribable in so many ways.

1 comment:

spyroterra said...

I am glad that you have that time and I am sorry that I separated you from it this week. But I was glad you stayed for the movie.